National Plan Strategic Consultant
Request for Proposals - Due November 29, 2022
SCOPE OF WORK
The National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (Prevent Together) is comprised of organizations and experts who collaborate together to:
● Convey positive prevention messaging and communication.
● Provide education on legislation that will effectively prevent abuse and exploitation.
● Encourage collaborative interventions among leading experts and youth serving organizations.
● Support quality research, and promote prevention strategies that are evidence informed and evidence-based.
● Strengthen the quality and professionalism of those working in the field.
● Foster collaborative funding opportunities for child sexual abuse and exploitation prevention initiatives.
To support and guide this work for both the membership and for external stakeholders and others whose profession involves some aspect of preventing child sexual abuse and exploitation (CSA/E), Prevent Together provides a National Plan to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. Originally published in 2008, and recently revised in 2021, the National Plan is comprised of 6 Pillars of Prevention designed to inform and engage individuals and organizations to increase dialog, activities, and collaboration, with the ultimate goal of maximizing our collective impact to prevent CSA/E.
Prevent Together now seeks a consultant to provide strategic direction for activation, communication, and dissemination of the National Plan.
● 12 months, starting January 2023, including attending an in person Steering Committee meeting January 23 or 24 in Washington, D.C. (travel costs for the meeting will be included in the contract).
● Approximately 15-20 hours per month
- Become familiar with the current process and progress of National Plan implementation and opportunities for impact by reviewing relevant documents and meeting with the Steering Committee, National Plan Committee and the Communications Committee.
- Explore how similar issue-focused groups, and particularly coalitions, are communicating their objectives both among members, and beyond membership to include members of the public impacted by CSA.
- In partnership with the Communications Committee and the National Plan Committee, develop a communications plan detailing how the National Plan supports the overall strategy of Prevent Together.
- Develop an implementation plan providing both short-term and long-term action plans for members of the coalition to further utilize the Pillars of the National Plan.
- Provide recommendations on how to use the National Plan strategically to build membership and increase engagement that impacts child sexual abuse prevention and exploitation.
- Participate in Steering committee meetings, all member meetings and National Plan subcommittee meetings as necessary.
- Internal and external communication/dissemination plans for engaging current members around the National Plan/Pillars and for increasing membership in the coalition.
- Implementation and/or activation plans to further develop the Pillars and guide individuals/organizations in how to best incorporate the Pillars into their current and future work.
- Strategic recommendations for tracking analytics and usage of the National Plan (internal and external) and for updating and future/long-term promotion of the Plan.
To apply submit the below materials here by November 29, 2022:
● Name, email address and phone number
● Hourly rate
● CV or resume
● Proposal with project sample/s
● Three professional referencesPDF Version